General Discussion

Everything Marvel related happens here.

Paragon: Hashirama

Re: General Discussion

Postby JokerRules » Wed May 13, 2015 4:10 pm

So Secret Wars is going to completely end all of Marvel Comics or some crazy shit like that? Are they going for some total reboot?

"Are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the HELL do you think I am? I'm the GODDAMN Batman!"
JokerRules
Executive Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Postby JokerRules » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:04 am

All New, All Different

"Are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the HELL do you think I am? I'm the GODDAMN Batman!"
JokerRules

Postby Captain Cold » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:13 pm

What...Is this marvel version of new 52?
Captain Cold
Merc with a Mouth

Postby JokerRules » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:59 pm

Sort of. The normal and Ultimate universes collide, and end up becoming one or something like that.

JokerRules

Postby Robin183 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:20 am

So Hashi, what are some good titles right now? Is the new Amazing Spidey good? I saw that one variant by Bagley but the suit looks... meh. How about Spider-Gwen?
Robin183
Too weird for normal kids, too normal for weird kids

Postby Hashirama » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:37 pm

Both books are okay. Not great, just okay. I'm about two issues behind on AS-M, but Peter's basically Iron Man now. He's filthy rich and has a gadget for every occasion. It's...weird >_> Not used to seeing a successful, not struggling Peter.

Other than those two books, the only other post-Secret Wars books I've read are All New X-Men, Extraordinary X-Men, Deadpool, All New Wolverine, and Ms Marvel. Out of those five, the only ones I'd say are really interesting is Ms Marvel. Deadpool's book is weird. Like Peter, he's filthy rich now and has his own squad of Deadpool's that take on jobs for him. All New Wolverine is fine, nothing negative to say about it except I don't think Laura should be Wolverine...especially with Old Man Logan walking around now. And the two X-Men books are driving me crazy with everyone and their mama hinting at Old Cyclops having done something super ultra mega horrible but never actually saying what is he did and he's not around anymore to talk about it. It wouldn't be annoying but it's like every five sentences in both issues of both books. Also Storm is massively OOC in Extraordinary X-Men.

Oh, and if you're not reading Marvel's Star Wars book then you need to be. Mainly Darth Vader and Star Wars, but Lando was also pretty good.
Hashirama
Pinioned Paladin

Postby Robin183 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:31 am

How was Secret Wars anyway? Worth reading? And by Old Cyclops do you mean "Cyclops was right" Cyclops or an "Old Man Cyclops" Cyclops? Apparently Bagley is on All-New X-Men so I'll give that a read.Rocafort is on Ultimates, huh? I guess DC has lost him.. a shame.

I just finished reading the first volume of Darth Vader, enjoyable so far. I think I've read the first volume of Star Wars too, may need to double check.
Robin183

Postby Hashirama » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:41 pm

Some of the later issues of Secret Wars felt kinda rushed, and I'm still waiting on the final issue to come out, but I liked Secret Wars for the most part. Really looking forward to seeing Reed wreck Doom's shit.
Hashirama
Pinioned Paladin

Postby Robin183 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:14 pm

Cool, will give it a read then.
Robin183

Postby Hashirama » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:43 pm

Robin183 wrote:And by Old Cyclops do you mean "Cyclops was right" Cyclops or an "Old Man Cyclops" Cyclops?

Realized I forgot to answer this. Yeah, it's "Rightclops." Supposedly he did something horrible after the Inhumans released the Terrigen Mist into the atmosphere, but they refuse to say what it was beyond calling him a monster/murderer/most-hated-mutant-in-history. It's really jarring since the last time he was seen before Secret Wars, he was holding a peaceful protest on the White House front lawn with every mutant known to man in attendance.
Hashirama
Pinioned Paladin

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Sector